Monday, November 17, 2008

When you give to the least of these...

This year, I have personally committed to the Coalition for the Homeless to provide 350 hygiene kits. This is a special group that has become very dear to me and to our entire family. Many of them sleep here at the coalition which is a screened in pavilion where they sleep on a small mat on a concrete floor. They have no family, no gifts, and no hope.

If you and your family can commit to make up a few (or a lot) and will, please let me know. You can also put an encouraging letter in them if you want. You can be assured that I will personally make sure the pack finds a needy man this Christmas. You want to help me give some hope? And spread the word! If nobody else does it, I’ll have to get 350 on my own! But, I’d feel almost guilty to keep all those blessings to myself. :-)

Thanks, John

**Hygiene Kits**
Fill a gallon size Zip lock bag with...
toothbrush in a toothbrush holder
toothpaste
pair of socks
pair of men's underwear (M or L)
washcloth
deodorant
small bottle of shampoo
bar of soap
razor
comb
shave gel
small tube of hand lotion

4 comments:

Jackie Harmon said...

put us down for a few bags (i'll let you know an exact number soon)

JennaDK said...

If I make these bags up for you where do i send them? I'll be up to making at least 10 bags!

Melody said...

Hello Helton's-

I would like to make up some bags, should we mail them to you at home? I'm sure I can get Shelly to get me your address or just email it to me through FB.

Melody and Charlie Taylor

Tami Muhlbauer said...

Hey John....let me know where to send them and I will committ to a few and see if the Ferguson gang wants to contribute some as well....email me
tmuhlbauer@lizshoes.com

What a great gift :)